New Definition of American Citizenship
Sept. 6, 2017
This website is dedicated to explaining techniques for the healing of the self—you do the work instead of paying professionals to do it for you—of health, financial and career/work concerns.
I believe that anyone anywhere no matter geographic location, or what they or their ancestors did or didn’t do is an American citizen if they live by the standard of the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights of the American Constitution.
That amendment states:
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”
So. If you grant freedom of religion to yourself, your family, your geographic community and all others; if you grant freedom of the press, peaceful assembly and petition to yourself, your family, your geographic community and to all others than you are an American.
For those of you interested in healing, ask:
1. Do I practice freedom of speech? Do I speak what’s in my mind and my heart or do I edit what I say?
2. Am I constantly trying to win the approval of others instead of speaking my thoughts, my truth?
3. Do I know what my thoughts are? Do I know what my truth is?
4. Do I support and encourage all others to practice and do the First Amendment?
5. Do I listen—really listen—to what others are saying?
6. Do I practice compassion and empathy?
7. Do I try—really try—to understand how they came to the conclusions they’re stating?
Yes. I know. There are many, many situations and circumstances that would put your life and the lives of your family and community in great danger if you did this.
If it were safe, would I not only practice freedom of speech, of the press, of worship and the right to peaceful assembly and petition, would I, also, support and encourage all others to do likewise?
I urge everyone on my planet and in the multi-verses to begin today to practice being an American citizen, to practice living by the standard of the First Amendment even if the only safe place to do so is in the privacy of your own mind.
Start in your mind; you will be led to ways to practice being an American citizen openly, without fear, in safety and security.
And so it is.
On most Sundays, find Barbara S Lucas at The Center for Spiritual Living West Georgia