March 23, 2018
The mind has rules. One of those rules is:
“We play the only part we’ve ever known until that part becomes our own.”
We might only know the part of victim or poverty-stricken or slow learner or party-goer or wise one or parent or disorganized or trustworthy or always on time or unemployed or winner or queen or king or etc.
If we are playing a part that we don’t like or always results in trouble, we can decide to play a different part.
Do it this way:
- Choose the new part
- Say: I have chosen to _________________________.
- Say: I have chosen to feel great about this.
- I have chosen to work full-time. I feel great about this.
- I have chosen to eat healthy food. I feel great about this.
- I have chosen to always be on time. I feel great about this.
When we say these sentences, we are giving ourselves a better than usual emotion–feel great. We are telling our mind what we want.
We are not explaining or using logic. We are using the creative force of emotion and the creative force of clarity.
This works. Try it. Tell me what happens, please.
And so it is.
(barbara lucas teaches @ gmail . com)