Feb. 11, 2019
Some teachers say that we only need to repeat a new idea or sound or word or behavior once; and then, we have learned it or have changed something.
So. We do. We repeat the affirmation or statement of truth or instructions to our mind/brain once and then wonder why we get few if any results.
The Mind/Brain’s Time Table
This is the time table the mind/brains follows as you repeat the newness you have selected:
- Day Ten: the mind/brain becomes aware that you, its human, is communicating with it.
- Day Fourteen: the mind/brain wakes up and says, “Oh. My human wants to learn or change something.”
- Day Twenty-one: the mind/brain accepts the learning or change.
- Day Forty: the mind/brain begins to make permanent the learning or change you have selected.
- Day Forty Plus: the mind/brain, over time, will make the learning or change you selected permanent.
Why is this so? This is so because the mind/brain learns by repeating. Repeating means to do something over and over and over again. One time won’t do it.
If you really want to learn something or change something, you must repeat that newness over and over and over again.
Yes. There are those who are instant learners or instant changers. Most of us don’t have this ability.
So stop beating yourself up because you need time and must make an effort to bring about a change.
Simply do the necessary repeating. Praise yourself for being willing and able to do the required work. Praise your mind/brain for working with you to make the newness you have selected permanent.
And so it is.
When my words serve you in some way, please consider making a love offering at: